A big reason people fail to stick with their goals is they turn them into a chore. By making the process into a habit it can take a lot of stress out of it. Here are a few ways to help you along the way:
- Focus on one habit. Having focus on more than one at a time can be overwhelming and hard to meet them all at once so focus on one at a time.
- Take baby steps. Don’t commit to too much too soon, start with a small goal and work your way up by taking small steps not one huge leap.
- Commit for a minimum of days. Setting a goal for an amount of days such as 30 days and sticking to it is an easy way to form a new habit, also more likely to continue if you see progress while giving yourself a time frame.
- Make a plan. Making a plan such as a workout or meal plan will be easier to keep you on track and log your progress, plus you will be prepared for the week coming up with a solid plan in place.
- Create Accountability. Track your progress or get a buddy to hold you accountable, you’re more likely to follow through with your actions if you have a friend doing it with you, or by logging your measurements and weight to see your progress.
- Reward yourself. Focus on building a system that you can progress onto your next goal, after your current goal is completed it is important to celebrate your important milestones along the way by rewarding yourself whether it is a new outfit or your favorite food you have not been eating. Rome wasn’t built in a day either was your body!!