Balsamic Dressing / Marinade:
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (or more oil if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets (or breast fillets)
- 5 ounces |150g bacon, diced and trimmed of all fat
- 8 cups mixed salad lettuce leaves (or Romaine)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- extra Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk balsamic dressing / marinade ingredients together until well combined. Pour 2-3 tablespoons into a shallow bowl. Add the chicken thighs and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside for 10 minutes while the frying bacon.
- Fry bacon until crisp in a skillet over medium-high heat. Wipe pan over with paper towel.
- Cook chicken fillets until crisp and cooked through (about 7 minutes each side).
- Arrange all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with the bacon, chicken, avocado and sprinkle with feta, extra Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to your tastes. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and serve.
Printable Version: BLT BALSAMIC CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD