Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, and baking powder. Whisk together to remove clumps.
- Add egg, applesauce, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. There will be lumps in the batter, this is what you want. You don’t want to over-mix the batter because this is what makes the pancakes light and fluffy.
- Let the finished batter sit for 5 minutes. During this time, heat up a skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and grease lightly with butter or cooking spray.
- Measure about 1/3 cup of batter into your hot skillet for each pancake. Once you see bubbles across your pancake and the sides start to look dry, flip the pancake over. Cook the second side until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with your favorite maple syrup, whipped cream, or fruit.
printable version: Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes