- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 white onion
- ½ celery stalk, chopped
- ½ carrot, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup flour
- 4 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 green onion, diced
- Combine chicken stock and water in sauce pot over medium high heat. Slice the onion in half and coarsely chop on half and reserve the other
- Add the coarsely chopped onion, carrot, celery and salt to sauce pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes
- While broth simmers heat vegetable oil in small sauce pot over medium heat. Slice remaining onion into thin slices. Separate the slices, dip them into the milk and then into the flour. Fry until lightly browned. Drain on a paper towel.
- After soup is done simmering strain vegies out of the broth and toss them (or eat them). Pour the broth back into pan then leave on low heat to keep warm until ready. Garnish with fried onion, mushroom slices and green onions. Enjoy!
Printable Version: Clear soup