Enchilada-Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Pre-heat your barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the gills out of the mushrooms.
- Brush mushroom exteriors with olive oil and place on a large plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce, salt and flour until no lumps remain.
- Spoon around 2 tablespoons of corn and black beans into each mushroom. Drizzle with the sauce. Top with shredded cheese.
- Grill over direct heat (on a veggie grilling plate, or directly on clean grill) for 5-6 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with a side salad.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and mushrooms are softened (but not mushy).
Printable Version: Enchilada-Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushrooms