- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp cold Butter
- 4 tbsp ice cold Water
Directions for pie crust:
- Mix together flour and salt in medium sized bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or forks until mixture is pebble sized crumbs.
- Add water and blend until mixture pulls together.
- Roll into ball and place on lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to about 13″ circle.
- Gently roll dough around rolling pin and unroll over pie pan.
- Gently press into pan and turn edge under.
- Crimp edges.
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 and ¼ cups evaporated milk
- Bake the pie crust at 400°F for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the parchment paper (or foil) and pie weights. Return the pie crust to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To prepare the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until well combined. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree and evaporated milk until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
To make the pumpkin pie:
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the partially baked pie crust. Return to the oven and bake at 400°F for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is almost set (it should be a little wobbly). Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack for 2-3 hours to cool completely. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
printable version: PUMPKIN PIE